Welcome to my Lake....

I had not switched yet, But have not put anymore in yet either last night my FC was 5ppm, this morning it was 4ppm... Right now my CYA Is at 60, just finished cleaning filter grids and am waiting for the water level to rise above skimmer so I can turn it back on and balance the PH. Once that's done I will get new numbers and report status.

So Soda ash is in, water is blue but cloudy, cleaned the filter grids completely again put back 7lbs of D.E. as per instructions for my 60sq ft filter, and again (1hr 40 min later this time) it went from15psi-25psi. Do you think this is still all the "cloudy-ness" getting filled up in my filter, or how do I know if something is wrong with my filter? I have never had any issues with my filter like this before, so trouble shooting it is new to me. Irony is, when I start it from clean or After a backwash it works perfectly fine (short lived time, but still).

Any trouble shooting ideas, or shelf life for filters, things to look for ect??

Thanks in advance for the continued help!!!

That was this morning when I woke up before adding the PH, right now FC is 15 and CYA is 60, PH is over the 7 border not quite 7.2 but very close, gonna let it ride over night and then add the baking soda to raise the alkalinity, after that I think I should be good. I can see the bottom of the pool fairly clear right now, still a little hazy, but clearing up fast with the sun fading away.

Pools all leveled up an clear...GOOD TO GO....!!!! "Filter was just doing what a filter was supposed to do" thanks to my man Richard320. Crystal clear water CYA stayed at about 60. NEVER using pool shock ever again, but it did the job killing all the algae...I did not loos any Chlorine last night it was 14ppm and this morning 14ppm also there is no CC what so ever.

Thanks for all the help and support guys, your the BEST..!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.