Waterway 1hp 2spd Pump. Loud clicking then seized

tjroux

Sep 1, 2012
Gardiner, ME
Back washed no problems, vacuumed the pool and right at the end the pump started making a loud "CLICK" Sound

Figured something was caught in the impeller. Shut it down, let it sit for a few. Turned it back on and it was fine. Went to turn it on this morning and it ran for 5 seconds and then started humming and it stopped moving. Im going to take it apart tonight and check the impeller assembly to see if there is anything stuck in there ( noticed the basket had some debris in it and wasnt seated all the way in on pump end )

Pump is a little over 2 years old.... is it worth spending the money for a Hayward or another brand if I do have to buy a new one? Is waterway a good brand?

If the clicking sound is continuous, It could be the centrifugal switch which is located in the end of the motor. Sometimes a spring will come loose or something is getting in the way. Remove the end cap on the motor and inspect the switch and springs.

Going to disassemble tonight and see what the problem is. I took apart all fittings and gaskets this spring and hit them with a red grease made for conditioning pool gaskets ( yes i did get that from the pool store )... So well see how this goes. I felt some gritty stuff in the skimmer ( left over sand from when I did the liner install and got my dirty hands all over the liner ) so I figured the impeller might be locked up as well. We'll find out tonight :) More at 11

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.