Pump placement distance question, too far?

May 28, 2015
Beesleys nj
Hello, im installing a fiberglass pool myself and i have a pump placement question

my pump is hayward super pump 2hp, 48sf DE filter and IC20 salt system. My pool is 13x30 inground fiberglass 3.5-5.5 deep. roughly 9000gallons

I would like to put the pump near my ac unit on the house which is about 75 feet away from the deep end of the pool, is 75 feet too far away for a pool? I would use hard piping 2 inch to get that length out of it

The issue is head loss due to plumbing which depends partly on the size of the pipe, the larger the pipe the less head loss, as long as you use a large enough pipe there is no practical limit on distance.

Why are you going with a 2 hp? Even a 1/2 hp would be more than enough for that sized pool. I would run separate 2" lines from the skimmer and main drain and 2 separate 2" return lines back to the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.