Pool Math

wgcole

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2015
Burlington, Wa
I am having trouble balancing my water, using BioGuard water tester at pool store and 6way tester, Wating for my TF 100 to be deliverd.

FC .2 ADDED 3QT 1 CUP LIQUID CHLORINE
PH 8 ADDED 1 QT 6 OZ ACID
TA 117
CH 36 ADDED 3 GAL 3 QT CALCIUM CHLORIDE
CYA 0 ADDED 3QT 3CUPS STABILIZER
BORATE 12

TESTED WATER 2 DAYS LATER

FC 1 ADDED 3QT 2CUPS LIQUID CHLORINE
PH 6.6 ADDED 4.8 BOXES BORAX
TA 67
CH 40
CYA 28
BORATE 60

TESTED WATER 4DAYS LATER

FC 5.5 ADDED 1QT 1CUP LIQUID CHLORINE
PH 8.3
TA 133
CH 171
CYA 57
BORATE 38

So with a PH of 8.8 BioGuard testing says to add 4.5 pints of acid and pool math says 1gal 3cups, Why the big differance?
Also he water is stil cloudy will dialing in the PH clear it up?

Thanks wgcole

I would relax and wait for the TF-100 to be delivered. Pool-store and TFP methodologies are incompatible, so you will need to choose one or the other. Tens of thousands of members (and more if you include the lurkers to this site) use the TF-100 or K-2006 along with Pool Math to manage their pools with spectacular results.

If the pool is cloudy, lowering pH will likely not solve it. You will have to SLAM, and for that you need the test kit.

I'm a recovering Bioguard user as well. My advice is to just wait for the kit. Spend your time reading and learning. If you attempted to make any changes based on the bioguard test results, you would likely accomplish nothing except lighten your wallet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.