standard vacuum hose won't fit intex pool

May 25, 2015
covington
I bought a 1 1/2 vacuum hose but it will not fit my intex pool even those the hoses are 1 1/2 also. I have read the threads trying to find answers about possible adapters, but now I am more confused than ever. my pool is ultra frame 26x52 and my filter is the intex sand filter model# sf70110. is there somewhere I can get an adapter and not have to make one because that is out of the question. thanks for your help

Do you have the intex skimmer for your pool? If not you can get this adapter and a 1' long piece of 1 1/2" OD tubing from your local box store and the tubing will slip in the adapter and the vacuum hose. It will be able to adapt to your pool hose for vacuuming, you just might have to be a little gentle with the hose so it doesn't pop off the fitting. I use this method and it works great. I got lucky and the vacuum hose I bought had the tubing adapter so it could be used for 1 1/2" or 1 1/4" inlets.

I always unscrewed the fitting from the wall (that the over the wall skimmer was attached to) and just stuck my vacuum hose in the hole. The suction holds it in. :)

I still do it this way even though I changed out my intex returns for 1.5 hayward fittings. I just stick the hose in there and let the pump suction hold it in place while I vacuum.

Before I had my skimmer, I unscrewed the grill cover on the inlet hole and just jammed the vacuum hose in there. Worked great. Where are you trying to attach the vacuum hose?

Not sure
My pump has the skimmer basket is that what you are
talking about?

I can not get any suction for the vacuum what am I doing wrong. am I supposed to have my filter set to filter or to waste. thanks for any help.

Sorry, some reason my subscription was notification only not email so I missed this. The over the wall skimmer is what I am talking about. If you don't have it look at the link I put in the previous post and you can get just the fitting or you can get the whole kit. (I would get the kit if you don't plan on eventually installing a through wall skimmer) They work good and shouldn't be that expensive, my pool came with the kit. And depending on what valves you have on your pool there might be caps you put on the gray safety valve, I think it will suck air if not capped. And you will have to make sure there is no air in the vacuum hose or you will lose suction. What I do is put the vac head on the hose and use the return fitting to blow all the air out of the hose and then stick it on the suction side.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.