Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: standard vacuum hose won't fit intex pool

1. Back To Top    #1

standard vacuum hose won't fit intex pool

I bought a 1 1/2 vacuum hose but it will not fit my intex pool even those the hoses are 1 1/2 also. I have read the threads trying to find answers about possible adapters, but now I am more confused than ever. my pool is ultra frame 26x52 and my filter is the intex sand filter model# sf70110. is there somewhere I can get an adapter and not have to make one because that is out of the question. thanks for your help

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: standard vacuum hose won't fit intex pool

Do you have the intex skimmer for your pool? If not you can get this adapter and a 1' long piece of 1 1/2" OD tubing from your local box store and the tubing will slip in the adapter and the vacuum hose. It will be able to adapt to your pool hose for vacuuming, you just might have to be a little gentle with the hose so it doesn't pop off the fitting. I use this method and it works great. I got lucky and the vacuum hose I bought had the tubing adapter so it could be used for 1 1/2" or 1 1/4" inlets.
    Intex 15'x42" Metal Frame pool 4200 GAL with Intex SWG. TF-100 test kit. Our Pool Install Thread

In Work! Master Spas Legend Series LSI 557 3-4 person Hot Tub, 230 GAL using bromine to sanitize it. Hot Tub Install Thread

3. Back To Top    #3

Not sure
    My pump has the skimmer basket is that what you are
    talking about?

4. Back To Top    #4

5. Back To Top    #5

I always unscrewed the fitting from the wall (that the over the wall skimmer was attached to) and just stuck my vacuum hose in the hole. The suction holds it in.

I still do it this way even though I changed out my intex returns for 1.5 hayward fittings. I just stick the hose in there and let the pump suction hold it in place while I vacuum.
    18' x 48" (42" water depth) Intex Metal Frame 6,700 Gallons
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.0 HP pump
    Hayward Pro Series S166T Sand Filter
    Original Intex Floating Skimmer

6. Back To Top    #6

Before I had my skimmer, I unscrewed the grill cover on the inlet hole and just jammed the vacuum hose in there. Worked great. Where are you trying to attach the vacuum hose?
    Intex 16 * 48 Ultra
    2650 Intex Sand Filter
    Hayward Thruwall Skimmer
    Hardplumbed in 2014
    TF100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank you everyone for the suggestions.

8. Back To Top    #8

I can not get any suction for the vacuum what am I doing wrong. am I supposed to have my filter set to filter or to waste. thanks for any help.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by mrsshokrok1 View Post
    Not sure
    My pump has the skimmer basket is that what you are
    talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsshokrok1 View Post
    I can not get any suction for the vacuum what am I doing wrong. am I supposed to have my filter set to filter or to waste. thanks for any help.
    Sorry, some reason my subscription was notification only not email so I missed this. The over the wall skimmer is what I am talking about. If you don't have it look at the link I put in the previous post and you can get just the fitting or you can get the whole kit. (I would get the kit if you don't plan on eventually installing a through wall skimmer) They work good and shouldn't be that expensive, my pool came with the kit. And depending on what valves you have on your pool there might be caps you put on the gray safety valve, I think it will suck air if not capped. And you will have to make sure there is no air in the vacuum hose or you will lose suction. What I do is put the vac head on the hose and use the return fitting to blow all the air out of the hose and then stick it on the suction side.
    Intex 15'x42" Metal Frame pool 4200 GAL with Intex SWG. TF-100 test kit. Our Pool Install Thread

In Work! Master Spas Legend Series LSI 557 3-4 person Hot Tub, 230 GAL using bromine to sanitize it. Hot Tub Install Thread