Jun 2, 2014
Thompson, ND
I'm trying to clean my green pool. Here are the numbers

TA 70
Ph 7.6
CH 90
Fc 0
Stabilizer 50

Seems like ok numbers. Should I just start pouring bleach in to shock it and clean it up? I have a 30 foot round above ground pool. 52" tall. I believe it's 21000 gallons. Vinyl liner.

I'm trying to clean my green pool. Here are the numbers

TA 70
Ph 7.6
CH 90
Fc 0
Stabilizer 50

Seems like ok numbers. Should I just start pouring bleach in to shock it and clean it up? I have a 30 foot round above ground pool. 52" tall. I believe it's 21000 gallons. Vinyl liner.

Here is a pic. And my husband vacuuming.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 105
I have the TF-100. So I'm not familiar with that specific test.

Can you test CYA with it? ( instead of the strips)

- - - Updated - - -

Your SLAM LEVEL depends on you CYA level. So you want to make sure you have a good reading.

Otherwise you will either waste a lot of chlorine or not use enough to clear the pool completely.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Whenever you add FC with bleach it raises the pH ... which is why you should start with a low pH. Since you can not test the pH while the FC > 10ppm.

When the FC is consumes, the pH comes back down making the bleach effectively pH neutral.

I've been SLAMing, brushing and vacuuming and I THINK (not quite sure) the water looks clear, but let me know what you guys think please! I'm keeping the pool at SLAM levels through today and will test the Overnight chlorine loss tonight. Do you guys think the water needs to be clearer? I will attach a picture, but I can see the wrinkles clearly on the bottom of the liner, so I think that is a good sign. I know that I need to vacuum the middle, I just need to get in the water to do that, or let Diver Dave out for another few hours.

Attachments

• IMG_3832[1].jpg
    IMG_3832[1].jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3834[1].jpg
    IMG_3834[1].jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 40
My water is clear. The CC is 0 and FC lost 3 ppm overnight. It was 17 last night and 14 this morning, but it rained pretty good here last night. Should I continue to keep the chlorine at SLAM levels or would I be wasting bleach at this point. I'm wondering if the rain was the culprit for the extra loss of 2 ppm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.