Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First TF-100 test result.

1. Back To Top    #1

First TF-100 test result.

TF-100 kit came today and of course was excited to put it to use.

PH = 7.2
    BR = 4

FC = 2
    CC = 0
    TC =2

CH = 550

TA = 220

CYA = 0

Salt = 2800

Overall not too bad?

I have been working on the TA with muriatic acid for a couple weeks now. We put about 3 gallons of acid in so far. I'd guess it needs at least 2 more.

CYA, I figured I needed that, pool store tests said so too. Have only put 1 bag in ever. Pool is about a month old.

Salt is in range, (2700-3400) but I'm going to bump it up. Pool calculator says 8lbs will get me closer to 3400.

CH, Calcium Hardness, looks like we have to drain to correct this. I will be testing my city water eventually. I'm guessing its normally high based on the pool being a newer install. Probably last on my list of balancing.

If I'm off track on anything, please point me in the right direction.

On my way to get some stabilizer and muriatic acid right now.
    Michigan - 24'x54" AG, approx 15,000g, 2 center drains, Cartridge filter, Aqua Pro 2hp, 2 speed pump 3.5a@1725w / 10.5a@3450w, AquaCal TropiCal T90 heat pump, Hayward Salt & Swim SWG, Poolskim, Aquabot Rover Jr.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First TF-100 test result.

I would add about 50ppm of CYA in the water and keep an eye on your FC level so it does not drop too low. Verify the CYA level a week after it dissolves and them bump it up to 70-80ppm for the SWG.

I assume you meant 80 pounds of salt ... wait a day after adding salt before you turn on the SWG.

I would not worry too much about the CH this season and then for the winter replace water and hopefully get it a bit lower for next year. If you want to lower it now, obviously do it before you add any more salt.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post

I assume you meant 80 pounds of salt ..
    Had the calculator set at 1,500g not 15,000. Oops Big difference on the amount salt and stabilizer I need.

...Wait on the salt, watch FC and turn the generator off when adding salt...

Will do and thank you!
    Michigan - 24'x54" AG, approx 15,000g, 2 center drains, Cartridge filter, Aqua Pro 2hp, 2 speed pump 3.5a@1725w / 10.5a@3450w, AquaCal TropiCal T90 heat pump, Hayward Salt & Swim SWG, Poolskim, Aquabot Rover Jr.

4. Back To Top    #4

To get to 40 on your CYA you'll need 5 lbs of stabilizer. Seems you're on the right track.
    24'x54" 15k AG round - Outback Genesis
    1 1/2hp Hayward Matrix 2 speed. Hayward 180T Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Pool School & TF-100
    How to SLAM