Brand New Pool - Need help with Pool Skimmer and Suction

Apr 30, 2015
Tomball, TX
We just put in a pool, but really didn't receive any counsel as to what to do next. There is no suction from the skimmer. The plumber didn't come out again to remove any sort of plug, so there may be some sort of plug installed during the building process, but we don't know. Any tips or ideas? We can't even see down into the skimmer due to "murky" water. We are almost at the point where we can use a pool vacuum of some sort, but not quite yet. Our pool has had water for 10-11 days now. Thanks for the help!

The first thing the folks here will say is "welcome"! Next thing is "We need pictures".

From my experience, which isn't very much...

More then likely you have a plug in the skimmer. Going to have to reach down in there and feel around. Might feel two somethings down there. One probably has a 'wing nut' the other will have a slot. Remove the 'wing nut' one.

Ok, a picture won't help, because I can't even see what is down there when I look (due to the murky/dirty water) - but when I feel it, there is a hole that is open, and there is something that feels like a square - a solid, plastic square that is about 1 inch X 1 inch. So, that's it. A hole and a square.

fyi- the hole is where I thought a plug might be. The square thing is how I accidentally drained 2" of water from my pool. I would strongly suggest you not remove that one. :)

we need pics of the pump, piping and your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.