Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Brand New Pool - Need help with Pool Skimmer and Suction

1. Back To Top    #1

Brand New Pool - Need help with Pool Skimmer and Suction

We just put in a pool, but really didn't receive any counsel as to what to do next. There is no suction from the skimmer. The plumber didn't come out again to remove any sort of plug, so there may be some sort of plug installed during the building process, but we don't know. Any tips or ideas? We can't even see down into the skimmer due to "murky" water. We are almost at the point where we can use a pool vacuum of some sort, but not quite yet. Our pool has had water for 10-11 days now. Thanks for the help!
    In-Ground Gunite Pool, approx. 13,000 gal, hot-tub, flagstone, Pentair equipment and ready to enjoy in the Texas heat!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Brand New Pool - Need help with Pool Skimmer and Suction

The first thing the folks here will say is "welcome"! Next thing is "We need pictures".

From my experience, which isn't very much...

More then likely you have a plug in the skimmer. Going to have to reach down in there and feel around. Might feel two somethings down there. One probably has a 'wing nut' the other will have a slot. Remove the 'wing nut' one.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok, a picture won't help, because I can't even see what is down there when I look (due to the murky/dirty water) - but when I feel it, there is a hole that is open, and there is something that feels like a square - a solid, plastic square that is about 1 inch X 1 inch. So, that's it. A hole and a square.
    In-Ground Gunite Pool, approx. 13,000 gal, hot-tub, flagstone, Pentair equipment and ready to enjoy in the Texas heat!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

fyi- the hole is where I thought a plug might be. The square thing is how I accidentally drained 2" of water from my pool. I would strongly suggest you not remove that one.

we need pics of the pump, piping and your pool.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

How about the valves,They all turned open over by pump? On mine you can open and close the main drain and skimmer separately by turning handles on top of the valves.

Thanks,
    Jon

======================

21,000 gallons, Hayward sand filter, IG, 16x32 kidney, Vinyl, Hayward Super Pump 1hp, Flow rate: ?