Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Brushed concrete prices/recommended crew in Dallas area?

1. Back To Top    #1

Brushed concrete prices/recommended crew in Dallas area?

So far I've been quoted $6.75/sq ft (or $6.50 if I get enough decking) for brushed concrete. I want cantilevered decking and even if I provide the forms, they might charge me extra per linear foot of coping. This is per the pool builder we found who will put in our vinyl pool kit and who hires out the concrete, so I don't know for sure about the cantilever up charge.

Is this a reasonable amount to spend in the Dallas area? It seems a little high to me. I'd like to have some other options for concrete guys so I can price compare. Does anyone in the Dallas area have someone they can recommend? Do the concrete guys need to be familiar with vinyl pool installs to do a good job?

Right now it looks as if we might have close to 1000 sq ft of decking, unless we cut it back for budget reasons.

Thanks for your help!
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Brushed concrete prices/recommended crew in Dallas area?

I'm in CA, but to give you an idea, my coping was 124 linear ft. Paid 2980 for brushed with color. I thought it was high but their price for my retaining wall was about 8k cheaper than any other contractor so I hired them.

Bid price for the brushed concrete was 4.00 per ft for grey, 5.00 for colored.
    13K Gallon IG Pool/Spa -- First time pool owners -- Completed in 2015 Caribbean Blue Pebble Tec Pentair 4000 Series 47 sq. ft. D.E. Filter Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump Pentair SWG Jandy LXi Heater 400,000 BTU S.R. Smith Typhoon Slide Pentair LED 12v Lights Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Cleaner TF-100 Test Kit
    Our Build Thread

3. Back To Top    #3

I am in North ft worth area. I have found the going rate for textured concrete to be around 6

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for those replies. I'm thinking I should sign up Angie's list and check for some references and then get prices that way. But if anyone else wants to chime in, that would be great too!
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:

5. Back To Top    #5

I just sent you a pm

6. Back To Top    #6

Got it. Thanks! Will be in touch.