Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Educated Guess? Am I starting to get it?

1. Back To Top    #1

Educated Guess? Am I starting to get it?

In Texas with the deluge of rain and inaccurate forecasts, we've been fighting with keeping the pool at least close to balanced so as not to wind up in deeper trouble once this weather pattern has ended. So far so good. The pool is still clear.

Friends of hubs who have had above ground pools said just leave it alone until the rain ends, but some of them have had major pool fails so that's not right is it?

Got the TK2006 kit and CYA was 43, FC 2.5 CC .4 (why?) Ph 7.2, TA was 90 Before the last storm.

Got enough rain the pool not only overflowed, we had to drain more out for the next rain so it wouldn't slop up the back yard anymore from overflow.

I haven't tested yet today as my yard is a mud pit, but I'm guessing that my CYA will be much lower, as will my FC/CC. My TA could be higher now (acid rain) as the rain has made my Ph higher.

My simple question is: Am I understanding at least this part yet?

Will test ASAP, but wondered if I'm getting to "know my pool". (love that mantra)
    Cornelius Monterey Steel/Resin AG 18' round (approx. 7600+gallons) Hayward veri-flo SWG w/sand filter.Testing w/ TK2006 using Speed stir.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Educated Guess? Am I starting to get it?

Yes, you are learning and catching on. Good call to ignore the friends with messy pools.

Post new number when you can.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

No way to "know" that pool yet with this kinda weather in progress! Stay on top as best you can and lessen your load later. Keep your FC a notch or two above your normal.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Azgirl71 View Post
    Yes, you are learning and catching on. Good call to ignore the friends with messy pools.

Post new number when you can.
    FC = 1.4 CC = 0
    Ph = 7.6
    TA = 80
    CYA = 40
    CH = 60

Needs more cholrine without stabilizer, I would think, but it's going to rain again tonight so.....
    Cornelius Monterey Steel/Resin AG 18' round (approx. 7600+gallons) Hayward veri-flo SWG w/sand filter.Testing w/ TK2006 using Speed stir.

5. Back To Top    #5

Leave the CYA for now. You need to raise the FC up and keep it above 3ppm at all times. See the FC/CYA Chart.

Also use 10ml of water for the FAS-DPD chlorine test so that each drop is 0.5ppm ... saves your reagent and is plenty precise.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

That's what I was thinking , Re: FC. At l least I'm thinking! lol I was trying to be more exact by using .2 instead of .5 test, but you're right, if I'm keeping up with it daily, I really don't need to. Thanks!