Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Which SWG for new AGP

1. Back To Top    #1

Which SWG for new AGP

Just starting to put in a new AGP, 21' 54" round. I'm trying to decide between the ultra inexpensive Intex CG-28669 or the more expensive, but seemingly more reliable Hayward Aquatrol. Does anyone have any experience with either of these? I'm ok with spending the money on the Hayward if it really is THAT much better. But you can't beat $99 for the Intex if it actually works. Thanks in advance.
    21' 54" round AGP, Hayward 1hp 2 speed pump, Hayward Aqua Trol HP SWG, Hayward 150 sq ft cartridge filter

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Which SWG for new AGP

I have an Intex SWG. Not that model, but mine works great!
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

I always had pretty good luck with the Intex SWG when I had Intex pools. Price is right!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the replies, maybe I'll try the Intex and if it only lasts a year or 2 it was only $99. Seems worth it to try for that price.
    21' 54" round AGP, Hayward 1hp 2 speed pump, Hayward Aqua Trol HP SWG, Hayward 150 sq ft cartridge filter

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Another Intex user here. They last a couple of years before you have to replaces the cell. It's $68 plus shipping, but if you can get the entire unit for $99, you might as well do that. It'll save you that much annually in chlorine.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks! It just seems too good to be true. I'm a former service tech for a very high end in ground pool company and the swg we would install were over $1000. So for $99 on Amazon I'm a bit skeptical but like you said, even if it lasts 1 year it's cheaper than chlorine.

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

They do indeed work. With my CYA around 30, which is low for a saltwater pool, I only have to run mine 3 hours/day for a 6000 gallon pool.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

8. Back To Top    #8

Nice! Now I just have to decide on the Krystalclear or the new model with the ECO