Thanks TFP!

Jul 6, 2013
In 2013, thanks to this site, I decided to build my own pool. I never had a pool before so I was relying on what I learned here to get me going in the right direction. It's a 26,000 gallon true-L liner pool with a jump board, SWC generator, heater, variable speed pump and a cartridge filter. I have a robot to clean it and considering what it is, I really don't have to do much to take care of it. And because I learned everything about pool care from this site instead of a pool builder or a store, I don't know any better than to use commonly available chemicals like chlorine bleach from the grocery store, muriatic acid from the hardware store and plain old softener salt to balance and adjust it.

Last winter, I closed the pool with just a dozen or so gallons of bleach and threw the mesh cover on it. After our first true winter in a long time in New England, I pulled the cover off to find a crystal clear (and very full!) pool. I started it up for the season with 5 gallons of bleach, 7 bags of salt and two trips with the robot and it was perfect. I think my total outlay for startup was around $50.

Just thought I should thank everyone here for their questions, answers and support. I'm pretty sure my kids, their friends and my neighbors would say thanks too.

Congratulations!!! sounds like you are a enjoying a truly trouble free pool :party:

One way to show your gratitude and help us keep the lights on to help others is to become a supporter (see link in my signature) :goodjob:

Congratulations!!! sounds like you are a enjoying a truly trouble free pool :party:

One way to show your gratitude and help us keep the lights on to help others is to become a supporter (see link in my signature) :goodjob:
Reminds me of a plaque I bought years ago for a friend with a boat that said "This boat runs on gas, not thanks." Yes, I do need to become a supporter. Although being so cheap that I built my own pool it does go against my nature somewhat!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.