Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 10' Intex Pool on Standard Driveway

1. Back To Top    #1

10' Intex Pool on Standard Driveway

I just purchased a 10' Intex pool and plans to install on my driveway due to the size (lack of) of my backyard. The pool will weigh around 8000+ pounds.

Will it cause issues to my driveway (i.e. sinking, cracking, etc.)? The driveway is a year old and I don't intend to see it damaged...

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: 10' Intex Pool on Standard Driveway

Welcome to TFP!!

That 8000 pounds is spread out over a lot of square inches. Think of your car and how few square inches it's 2000 pounds is restricted to. I think hte driveway will be fine, but I wonder about the level of the pool? Mst driveways are off level to account for rain water runoff.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Sierra Vista, Az

I agree with Tim. I would be concerned about how level it will be.
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4

Bardstown KY

Is the driveway blacktop or concrete?

I have seen many small blue Intex pools set up on concrete parking pads beside the house. There is a neighborhood of small homes in our town and most do not have garages. It seems quite common there for the drive to be used for a pop up pool. I, too, would suspect they slope (as a driveway should), but they don't seem to be cracking.
    27k gallon 33' round, partially buried 22" Sandman sand filter, 1.5hp 2 speed TidalWave pump, Pentair 'Lil Shark with leaf canister, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5
    Grand Rapids, Michigan

We put our Intex pool (details in my sig) on a concrete patio for several years. There's a heavy-duty tarp underneath (NOT the cheap Intex "ground cover" tarp) to protect the liner from the patio surface (I'm paranoid). We haven't had any issues.
    Intex Metal Frame Vinyl (purchased in 2012 and still going strong!) - 13' x 3.25' - ~3200 gallons
    Intex Krystal Clear Model 603 Filter Pump (530 gal. per hour) | SolarPRO XD1 Above-ground Pool Heater
    Sparkling Small Pools Club: There's no need to drain if you test and maintain. :)