Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally after 2 years...

1. Back To Top    #1

Finally after 2 years...

It's taken two very long years from quote to construction, but here we are...

Before we started...

First we had to install a storm water management system...

Day One...

Day Two...

Day Three...

Day Four...

No activity today - my fir babies are getting impatient

Liz

17,500 gal, IG Trilogy fiberglass sport pool 43'8"x16', Jandy Cart CS Ser filter, Jandy Pro Ser+ 1.5 HP pump, Nature 2 Fusion Soft SWG (mineral removed), TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir, Dolphin Oasis Z5 robotic cleaner. Maax Spa 481 (455 gal)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Finally after 2 years...

Congratulations! I love my fiberglass pool, although I wish my contractor would've used crushed limestone like yours did instead of sand to support it. Grrrrr.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Liz, I may have broken your attachments when I tried to delete your 2nd post which had the same pictures as in the 3rd post. We are looking into it. Sorry
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP, and major congratulations!!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Congrats! Hope you enjoy it here at TFP!
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

6. Back To Top    #6

That's a huge fiberglass pool!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

I want to be the guy that got to ride in it! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Beautiful country and great place for a pool! That's a lot of pool for a lot of fun! I haven't seen a fiberglass pool build from the beginning. I'm going to enjoy watching. . Thanks for inviting us along! Welcome and take care.*Suz
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

9. Back To Top    #9

Thank you for all the welcome posts, I look forward to being a more active member of this group. Bear with me, I'm attempting to organize and repost my pictures, should be done by tonight.

Liz

17,500 gal, IG Trilogy fiberglass sport pool 43'8"x16', Jandy Cart CS Ser filter, Jandy Pro Ser+ 1.5 HP pump, Nature 2 Fusion Soft SWG (mineral removed), TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir, Dolphin Oasis Z5 robotic cleaner. Maax Spa 481 (455 gal)

10. Back To Top    #10

Sorry I messed you pictures up. It is a little easier to follow the How To Post Pictures tutorial as the attachments will not get messed up.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

11. Back To Top    #11

Finally after 2 years...

Nothing day four (Friday), nothing over the weekend or on Monday because of the holiday.

Tuesday the electrician was out, the parts for our SWG were not here so they did everything but that. Nothing happened Wednesday, today the township electrical inspector was here and passed the electrical work.

It's been raining so much here that I couldn't get out to get pictures until today. Pool is overflowing with water.

Liz

12. Back To Top    #12

I see you are another victim of the Nature 2 marketing ... please read the forum about the product and get the metals out of that canister.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

13. Back To Top    #13

So jblizzle please excuse my ignorance as this is all new to me so I have a question. We were not given a choice, this is what the pool company quoted and we didn't know any better, but we did add a SWG at a later date - why would we need both a Nature 2 and a SWG? I guess I expected the SWG to replace the Nature 2 (although I did not know what it was called at the time).

Liz

14. Back To Top    #14

There actually is a version of the Nature 2 that has a SWG built in instead of the trichlor tablet feeder ... maybe that is what you have? I am not sure from the picture. There is certainly no need for both a tablet feeder and a SWG, but you could leave the tablet feeder empty.

But, both Nature 2 systems have the 2nd mineral cartridge ... and that is what you do NOT want. Because it adds metals which can stain and give you green hair.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: so actually there are no wires going to that Nature 2, so it is not a SWG version. I do not see a SWG installed in your pictures.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

15. Back To Top    #15

It's not installed yet because the pool guys didn't leave it, or forgot it, or didn't order it or pick whatever excuse you want... We wouldn't have known if the electrician didn't tell us that he has to come back next week once he gets the SWG.

Liz

16. Back To Top    #16

Not sure where he is going to be able to fit it. Might see if you can get a credit on return the Nature 2 and then put the SWG right there.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

17. Back To Top    #17

It doesn't attach to the Nature 2?

Liz

18. Back To Top    #18

Nope ... well, unless they are going to put in the Nature 2 with a SWG and take out the Nature 2 with the tablet feeder.

Seems like maybe you should talk to the builder and find out what they are doing ... and what you actually paid for.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

19. Back To Top    #19

Well a little research on the Zodiac website shows the Nature 2 Fusion Inground is the tab feeder whereas the Nature 2 Fusion Soft is the combo SWG & Mineral system. The one installed is the Fusion Soft one - I'll be sure to talk with the electrician when he comes back next week. Either way we will be sure to remove the minerals as I do not want green hair

Liz

20. Back To Top    #20

Congrats, crazy how fast that went.
    New Pool build summer 2015 - IG / 24ft x 43.6ft freeform / 50 sq.ft spa, raised and overflowing / SWG / Hayward equipment: 2.5 hp 2 speed and 1.5 hp tristar pumps /450 sq.ft Cartridge, 400k heater, PS8 Controller, Wifi Aqua Connect and Aqua Pod, 2 large LED Lights and 1 spall / SharkVac XL / 35 foot RBB with 2 sheer descents / 56sf tanning ledge w/ LED bubbler / Quartz paster / aggregate decking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast