Started opening the pool this year about 3 weeks ago. Went through a bunch of shocking and got it to start looking pretty good. My Ph was low (6.9) at the end so I added 20 lb of Baking Soda and the next morning my pool was green. Turned out I had copper. Had it tested. All my results were within normal range, copper was at .6 (FC and T Chlorine was .3, PH 7.2, TA 90). I've since done 5 treatments with both Metal Free and HTH Metal Control. Each time the pool looks a little better, but it's still a shade of green. Last I had it tested, Copper was down to .3 (FC and T Chlorine was .2, PH 7.2, TA 90). I've done 2 more treatments since then. Still green though (haven't retested yet). *Much* better than the original, but still green.
It's definitely not algae green. I haven't been adding shock since I started the treatments though because I read that the shock could reduce the effectiveness of the metal treatments. But I'm starting to think maybe I should start shocking the heck out of it to get it clear because the metal treatments don't seem to be doing it. Pump has been running 24x7.
So, what do you think...keep up with the metal treatments or start shocking?