Hello! I just introduced myself on this site: girl1der
We moved last October and this pool came with the house. We were able to keep it clear during the cooler months but it's really starting to warm up here and we've been having trouble keeping the algae away.
After a few failed attempts at "shocking" using the methods listed on this site, we decided to open up the filter a few days ago. Wow! It looked as if the previous owner hadn't cleaned it in a year. We hosed it off until it was white again so that's a good place to start. After reinstalling the filter, we immediately noticed a change in the water flow so the pool is circulating much more efficiently. We're so glad we though to check the filter and didn't waste more money on bleach and acid.
So it's been running almost constantly for two days as is without adding anything. I checked the ph level yesterday in the early evening and it was high so I added the amount of muriatic acid the test said to get the level where it should be.
Here are my numbers from this morning:
Ph = 7.5
CH = 190
TA = 140
CYA = 80
FC 5 - TC 4 = CC 0
I'm new to advanced testing so if anything looks "off", please let me know. Thanks.