AquaTrol timer questions

Jul 17, 2013
Have a 15k gal ABG pool with a new AquaTrol RJ setup. Controller has a timer, a switch for the pump to be on/off/timer, a switch for the cell to be on/off/superchlorinate, and an output % dial. Water chemistry is spot on with stabilizer at 55. Running continuous at 20% output I still have >5ppm chlorine. I want to keep running the pump continuous due to airborne seeds from local cottonwoods. Can I set the pump to the on position so it will run continuous and use the timer for the salt cell? Cant get a clear answer from anyone if this will work. The manual mentions the timer controls the pump and that the cell wont generate if the pump isnt running. But it doesnt say it will control the salt cell by itself.
Can someone shed some light on this. Bruce

Sounds like you are running the pump WAY more than is typically required, see Determine Pump Run Time; although I understand you concern about the debris.

I think the timer turns on/off the SWG with the pump, but no way to run the pump all the time and the SWG part time unless you were to power the pump from a different source.

What I would suggest is running your pump/SWG at multiple times throughout the day as that should still capture all the seeds in the skimmer. Maybe try running 3 hours on , 3 hours off, 3 on, 3 off, etc ... although even that might be running more than needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.