Need help IDing skimmer

Melott

May 27, 2015
Meriden, CT
New pool owner here. Just bought this house with a roughly 40-50 year old pool, and I'm still working on learning all there is to know to get it up and running. Previous owners were very unhelpful with info.

First off, does anyone know what skimmer this is? And if it's missing parts? And if so, where I can find those parts? I'm used to seeing circular skimmers made of plastic so this rectangular aluminum skimmer is throwing me for a loop. It seems to me like there should be a weir flap, and a skimmer basket. The part where the basket would go measures roughly 9" x 3.75" and maybe a couple inches down before it would hit the pipe.
100_4856_zpsb0pqvsja.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

100_4855_zps3ummnhlh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

100_4853_zpsogx4bgfx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

100_4852_zpsurmutwwh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

If I can't ID the skimmer, I'm guessing I could buy a rectangular basket to roughly fit those dimensions and then maybe cut a hole to let the pipe stick through the bottom of it.

Also, not entirely sure what the deal is with these valves/piping to the left of the skimmer.

100_4847_zpsev61qgta.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• 100_4856.jpg
    100_4856.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_4855.jpg
    100_4855.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 32
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

All I can say is that it looks old :D

You are right that you really should try to get a basket in there to catch the debris. You want it to sit above the pipe though so that the debris can not get into the pipe.

Also a weir will help with the skimming action and retaining the debris in the skimmer when the pump is turned off. Likely you will just have to look into getting one of the universal ones that has spring loaded rubber feet to hold it in place.

finding a rectangular basket that fits sounds about right

and if you measure the skimmer door opening, you can probably find a generic weir door on amazon with
spring loaded fasteners for cheap.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.