Taylor Testing Question

dschribs

Mar 14, 2013
CT
I have a Taylor K-2006 Test kit That I have been using the past two seasons.

The only tests I have used my kit for are FC, CC, pH and CYA.

My most recent numbers are:

FC: 6
CC: 0
pH: 7.3
CYA: 40

Water is like glass. Absolutely crystal clear.

My pH never fluctuates (I test the pH about once a week) and the only thing I ever do is add bleach on a daily basis after testing. I test chlorine daily. I use 6.0% Clorox bleach for chlorine.

Is there really any need to use any of the other tests in the kit for any reason?

It's not a bad thing to have a base line on other things like TA and CH. Sounds like things are stable, but I would get those numbers down for reference. Just keep the pH and Free Chlorine in line if those others are as ok as it sounds.

I agree with Lisa. I would check the TA every few weeks, although given that your pH is stable, there is not really a need to change it.

I would also check the CH just so you know where you are at. Even in a vinyl pool you could develop problems if it was too high. Although given your shorter season and likely partial draining for winter, this is not likely a problem.

Congratulations on having a truly trouble free pool :goodjob:

I agree with Lisa. I would check the TA every few weeks, although given that your pH is stable, there is not really a need to change it.

I would also check the CH just so you know where you are at. Even in a vinyl pool you could develop problems if it was too high. Although given your shorter season and likely partial draining for winter, this is not likely a problem.

Congratulations on having a truly trouble free pool :goodjob:

Thanks! I couldn't have done it without this site!!!

P.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.