Started 1st Slam to combat green pool but have a few questions

DSK

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 29, 2014
Havre De Grace, Maryland
Hello,
So opened a green pool for my second year as owner of one.

1st test of the season

Ph 8.2
FC .5
Cc 2.5
Calcium Hardness test
Color is more pink then red
TA 50
CYA 0

I started to address TA and Ph and CYA as I learned before starting SLAM. Below is the results between yesterday and this morning. Unfortanuly my levels of TA and CYA have gone up and my CH has gone done?
I have been running filter while around a recycle at night only because it needs to by back washed so far once a day.

After 1 hour 3:38 pm
FC 7.5
Cc 1.5
Cya 30
TA 60

4:36pm sun off pool for most part
Back washed filter and set to recirculate.
FC 13

6:20m
FC 10

8:30 pm
FC 10.5
Cc 1

Next morning 2nd day
Ph 7.2
FC 9.5
CC 1.5
CH 150. (Went Down)
TA 100. (Went up)
CYA 40.

10:30 am
FC 14.5
Cc .5

I guess some more CYa had dissolved and raised up but with all the backwashing and adding water that will go back down. Should I address the CH now or wait till Slam done? Als as I check chlorine should I let sample sit a little while? Sometimes it started to turn back color after 30 sec or so? Thanks

Don't address levels of anything else until SLAM is done. Just test FC and CC during the SLAM. Test CYA a week after adding to see if you need to raise your SLAM level. Lots of brushing and filter on 24/7.

It is common for test to go back to pink. Don't worry about it. Your last drop of 0871 to clear water is the number you use.

- - - Updated - - -

Also only backwash when psi raises 20-25% above clean

Success!!! My pool is crystal clear and levels are holding. Now I just have to clean my pool bottom. And we had so much rain I was able to give Sand filter a full 8 minute backwash. Ironically the weather has turn cold so now have to await some heat. Thanks for all the advice and help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.