Circupool SJ-45 Generator No Chlorine reading

May 27, 2015
Northport
i installed a Circupool SJ-45 Generator with existing chlorine water & had it running at 100% for a week & have no chlorine level
with testing ???? i checked all chemistry & all seemed within the guidelines of the SWG manual. i then went to leslies pools & had all water tested again...pool temp at 68 degrees
Leslies pool supplies sugested i put 2lbs per 10,000 gallons fresh & clear Oxidized chlorine shock in the pool. This helped clear the pool & free up the free chlorine reading. getting a 3.0 reading . lowered SWG to 50 % then to 25% to stabilze chlorine to 1.5 ( as manual said to do) running pump 8 hrs per day.

However i'm still having problems with the SWG RJ-45. i have it running at 25% & after a 30 minute period the service light comes on & no chlorine
is being Generated ( no cloud in cell). i have went thru the bucket test & all the pre requisits that the discountsaltpools.com company prescribed to no avail & they would not send a new cell or circuit board or new unit (which is fully guaranteed for 7 years !!!!)

i guess at this point i will have paypal help resolve this issue. i'll keep you posted...

chemistry:
water temp 70
salt content 3700 ppm
ph 7.8
alka 110 ppm
free chlorine 1.5 After adding fresh n clear from leslies...
cyanuric acid 60 ppm
nitrates 0
phosphates 0

i think the issue is the SWG since it stops generating chlorine after 30 to 45 minutes at 25% & the service light comes on...(this is a new sj-45 circupool unit
& should function properly.

thank for the reply

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.