Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Circupool SJ-45 Generator No Chlorine reading

1. Back To Top    #1

Circupool SJ-45 Generator No Chlorine reading

i installed a Circupool SJ-45 Generator with existing chlorine water & had it running at 100% for a week & have no chlorine level
    with testing ???? i checked all chemistry & all seemed within the guidelines of the SWG manual. i then went to leslies pools & had all water tested again...pool temp at 68 degrees
    Leslies pool supplies sugested i put 2lbs per 10,000 gallons fresh & clear Oxidized chlorine shock in the pool. This helped clear the pool & free up the free chlorine reading. getting a 3.0 reading . lowered SWG to 50 % then to 25% to stabilze chlorine to 1.5 ( as manual said to do) running pump 8 hrs per day.

However i'm still having problems with the SWG RJ-45. i have it running at 25% & after a 30 minute period the service light comes on & no chlorine
    is being Generated ( no cloud in cell). i have went thru the bucket test & all the pre requisits that the discountsaltpools.com company prescribed to no avail & they would not send a new cell or circuit board or new unit (which is fully guaranteed for 7 years !!!!)

i guess at this point i will have paypal help resolve this issue. i'll keep you posted...

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Circupool SJ-45 Generator No Chlorine reading

Welcome to TFP!

We need chemistry numbers posted to help diagnose what is wrong with the SWG. My guess is that the problem is the water chemistry and/or algae consuming any FC that the SWG is producing.

Please read this link, Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs.

This is also another link to read, Pool School - Salt Water Chlorine Generators.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

chemistry:
    water temp 70
    salt content 3700 ppm
    ph 7.8
    alka 110 ppm
    free chlorine 1.5 After adding fresh n clear from leslies...
    cyanuric acid 60 ppm
    nitrates 0
    phosphates 0

i think the issue is the SWG since it stops generating chlorine after 30 to 45 minutes at 25% & the service light comes on...(this is a new sj-45 circupool unit
    & should function properly.

thank for the reply

4. Back To Top    #4

Does the service light come on if it is running at 100%?

What type of pump do you have?
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

haywood 1.5 hp

6. Back To Top    #6

Is it a single speed and does the service light come on if the SWG is set to 100%?

7. Back To Top    #7

single speed pump . service light comes on after about 30 minutes at 25% ...50% is ok & i'll check 75% & 100% this evenning.
    thanks