I think I figured out how to test and did everything correct.
Ph 7.4-7.6 (I have a hard time figuring out the color. It wasn't an exact match to either so I guess Ph is 7.5)
From my other post you will see that ps told me I had a CYA reading of 70 and did the test in front of me for a second time. Of course, the ps that lied to me told me it was 40 (well, 80, but wrote it down as 40 since that is ideal) Should I redo my test to see if I get a lower reading?
OK, let me see if I might understand what is going on here. I've lived here for just over 1 month and have been scr**ed by the ps and bought chemicals I didn't need. I haven't added much chlorine to the pool, just 2 gallons total last week. Is my FC not dropping to 0 because of the high CYA? Water is still beautiful and blue and the kids have been swimming several times.
I know that water replacement is the only way to lower CYA. Is it best to do it now or wait to spring? If I wait, should I worry about testing the water and balancing the chemicals during the winter? Should I just turn off the pump and ignore the pool until spring? (except keep leaves dipped out and skim the surface every couple of days)--what should I do?
What about the acid demand test and the base demand test? Should I do those?