Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding Indoor Control Panel to Pentair System with MobileTouch

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding Indoor Control Panel to Pentair System with MobileTouch

I have a Pentair IntelliTouch system (i9+3S) and a MobileTouch control working well.
    I would like to add an Indoor Control Panel to the system for operating flexibility.

Is this just as simple as connecting the indoor panel to the outdoor panel, or do I have to program it to interface?

Also, is there any concern for the level of firmware on the MobileTouch vs. the Indoor Control Panel vs. the outdoor panel?

Thanks for your help.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding Indoor Control Panel to Pentair System with MobileTouch

Welcome to TFP!

A wired indoor panel is very easy to setup, basically just run the wire from the new panel out to the main control box and you are done. There shouldn't be any firmware conflicts.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Not so fast Jason...
    IF your Mobi has a black antenna coming out of the top of it, it is an older version, and may require a firmware upgrade, along with the outdoor board (not the end of the world) to allow it to talk to the new indoor control panel.

But if no antenna, listen to Jason.
    Other than that, your biggest challenge will be hiding the wire for the ICP.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

4. Back To Top    #4

Another option would be Screen Logic, either wired or wireless. You could then just use your phone or tablet instead of a fixed position control panel.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by gary300 View Post
    Another option would be Screen Logic, either wired or wireless. You could then just use your phone or tablet instead of a fixed position control panel.
    And it would be cheaper P/N 522104.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the info.
    My biggest issue right now is that I don't have any type of control wire running from the house to the pool equipment.
    In the future, I'd like to tie the pool into my home automation system (Control4), so I'll need the 4-conductor wire.
    Since I'm going to have to run some conduit out to the pool equipment, is there anything else I should run (CAT6, etc.)?
    Just trying to future-proof a little.

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Around ten years ago here in Silicon valley, when home automation started getting popular, that's the way everyone wanted to go. Tie all the other automatons into the main one. Since then it has kind of gone in the other direction. Between the difficulty of getting each manufacturer get their hardware to talk to one another (with the software), and the installers wanting about 1000.00 per visit to make it happen, people started migrating to the internet, and keeping their systems separate. It seems to be working, for now, that way.