Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Testing clorox products

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Testing clorox products

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this but,I received a PM from a member (Rocky)asking if I would test CLOROX pool products and review them....Did anyone else get the same offer???
    I am supposed to get the products free in exchange for reviewing them. I would have to give him my address and phone number....

Any thoughts on this????Real opportunity or a scam??? Anybody know of this guy??
    Harry26...14 x 28 oval inground vinyl liner pool depth 3-5ft....Hayward sand filter...Using Taylor 2005 test kit and FAS-DPD chlorine test

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Testing clorox products

It has been dealt with. It was not forum endorsed in any way.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

One of the mods mentioned elsewhere he was contacted. I suspect if legit the company would be reviewing traditional pool store type products, not the bleach we use, because Clorox is attempting to enter the market that way So if its even legit, you might not want the products. That's just a guess.
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains

4. Back To Top    #4

Understood,these products are not part of the TFP method....I'm asking if this is a legitimate offer and if anyone else got the same offer....
    Harry26...14 x 28 oval inground vinyl liner pool depth 3-5ft....Hayward sand filter...Using Taylor 2005 test kit and FAS-DPD chlorine test

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, several people got the offer, and we have no way of confirming it's legitimacy. We simply have no way of knowing. For all we know, it's a scammer with nefarious objectives. If it is legit, you cannot review the products here. We object to it less on the grounds of the products merit, but entirely because this "person" or entity has made a severe breach of the rules for commercial selling on this forum.

This is something we will not tolerate, because the security of our members is absolutely paramount.

We take this very seriously, and any possible threat to our members security here will be dealt with swiftly and severely.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem