Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Still getting sand in pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Still getting sand in pool

replaced the laterals in the sand filter and still getting sand in pool. can it be the hub? appreciate any info. TY

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Still getting sand in pool

Hi, welcome to TFP!

I am not that familiar with sand filters but maybe this tutorial on cleaning sand filters will help, Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

I had this same issue although I replaced the entire stand pipe assembly as well. I did this a few weeks ago and I'm still getting sand in the pool. Its not a lot, but it is still annoying...I'm not sure what else could cause the problem. I'm just dealing with it I suppose....its not a huge amount of sand but it can build up between cleanings.
    18x36 Fox X-Brace 28,000 gallons Inground Pool, Pentair Sand Filter model TA60D, Whisperflo WF-24 pump, PoolFrog 5400

4. Back To Top    #4

Here is a process for backwashing a sand filter that mentions using a rinse function that might help with the sand issue. Pool School - Maintenance and Cleaning of Pool Filters
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

thank you very much. I will try this.

6. Back To Top    #6

I think you also should check the multi port gasket, at least you would know for sure that it wasn't the problem. At least you could see what kind of condition it was in. I replaced mine last yr. easy to do.
    19,000 gal - Vinyl IG - Sand filter -1.5hp. - Taylor k 2006 - Loop Loc cover