Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: big clouds!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

big clouds!!!

Hi guys and gals, started trying to open my pool 1 week ago. started out green put 2 gal liquid shock leftover from last yr, and next day cloudy blue!!! been adding i bag of walmart shock everyday. still nowhere!!! cloudy blue... like always mad and not sure what to do added 4 gal bleach today hoping it will be clear in the morning, but have a bad feeling it won't!!! now trying to stay clear of a pool store... where should I go from here???
    Have AG 24x52 round, 1hp hayward pump, sand filter, no test kit at this time... looking for help getting started, have cloudy water started today with 4 gal bleach... where do I go from here???? help!!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: big clouds!!!

Welcome to TFP!

Step 1 is getting one of the recommended test kits (see link in my signature) and posting up a full set of results.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: big clouds!!!

Welcome to TFP!

Get one of the Recommended Test Kits, I use the TF100 from

When you get it give us some test results and get ready to SLAM Your Pool.

Here are some of my fave Pool School articles in case you missed any of them.
    TFPC for Beginners
    ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry

Here are the Recommended Levels for your pool.
    Here is the Water Balance for a saltwater pool.
    Here are the Recommended Pool Chemicals and how to add them.
    Use PoolMath to figure out how much to add.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach