Input requested - Return lines height from top of form

May 21, 2015
Loomis, Ca
OB doing rough plumbing. What height should I have my return lines into pool from top of form. I'm thinking about 18" top of form? What about my light can's? right now, I'm about 24" down from top of form. Should they be a bit higher? I wanted them closer to bottom vs having them up high, but not sure if there's an actual code for this.

If your form height is the top of wall, then 18" is probably a good measurement. However the proper return depth is from water line. That's normally about 6" below top of wall, so 18" from top of wall puts your returns about 12" below the water line and that's about right.

Your light most likely has a minimum depth below water that it requires. It's usually 18", but can be more or less depending on the particular model. Your local AHJ may also have minimum depths for the light.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.