Hayward filter seemingly low PSI

May 5, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Hello, we've had our brand new pool open and in use for about a month now and I've noticed that the Hayward Swimclear Cardridge Filter seems to have low PSI all of a sudden. It's hovering around the 2-4 range when our Hayward Ecostar variable speed pump is running 1380RPM. If I recall correctly it was averaging 15PSI when the pool was first opened and equipment hooked up.

I've had to vacuum some topsoil and worms from the bottom of the pool a few times recently as we're doing some landscaping around it and the wind swept it in. Could anything like that be causing the low PSI? Is this something to worry about or is it better than having high PSI?

The pool is only 14' x 25' with a 7' deep end of that helps at all. Water is also crystal clear. Chlorine is a bit high but everything else is reading regular.

Thanks in advance :)

Generally larger filters mean lower psi and low psi is good. It means your pump doesnt have to work as hard to pump the water through it.

Do you know the model number of the filter?
2030? 3030? 4030? etc... this will tell us how large the filter is and give a better idea of the pressure is expected.

As an example, with my VS pump running about 1500 rpm, my 430 sq ft cartridge filter only shows about 2 psi.

I'm brand new to this forum, but joined to ask this same question. I started another thread somewhere. I also have a Hayward pump, but a smaller pool than you. My psi is 2-3 and backwash is 0. My pool is a small INTEX 5,000 gal. Can't wait to keep reading responses.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.