Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Excessive Charges?

1. Back To Top    #1

Excessive Charges?

I have a company building my pool. We also decided to add a new outdoor kitchen. Because we have to push the pool back 10 feet I received an invoice of $6384 for additional decking. That's 672 sq ft at$9 per. Isn't that a bit excessive? Problem I'm having is there are 2 types of decking regular and texture with the latter being more expensive at $3-$4 a sq ft. We don't even know which one it is and I'm being charged $9. Help?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Excessive Charges?

Sounds pricey, what's the deck material? (Concrete, pavers, stamped, etc)
    13K Gallon IG Pool/Spa -- First time pool owners -- Completed in 2015 Caribbean Blue Pebble Tec Pentair 4000 Series 47 sq. ft. D.E. Filter Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump Pentair SWG Jandy LXi Heater 400,000 BTU S.R. Smith Typhoon Slide Pentair LED 12v Lights Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Cleaner TF-100 Test Kit
    Our Build Thread

3. Back To Top    #3

Have you called them on it, there is the possibility someone made a pricing mistake
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4

If that is pavers, that would be a steal for up here in NH. They usually run $15 to $20 a foot. Can you compare to the decking that was already prices out for you? How much did you pay for that? How many sq ft is it? Should be pretty simple to tell unless its all rolled into the pool price...
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

5. Back To Top    #5

PB is coming today to make forms for our decking, which is concrete slabs. It's $9/sq foot in the bid.

6. Back To Top    #6

Mine is concrete with sundek. It was $12/sq ft.
    21k gallon IG free form plaster/pebble pool, pentair FNS Plus DE filter, pentair sta-rite 2hp pump, pentair booster pump, pentair rainbow 320 IC and paramount ultraUV, Pool Build - 2015

7. Back To Top    #7

I have dyed and stamped concrete. $8/SF.
    36' x 18' 20k in ground, Finest Finish grey plaster, Pentair Tagelus 100D sand filter, Hayward Northstar 2hp pump, Jandy LRZ125EN heater, spill over spa, iaqualink controlled automation, Stenner chlorination, natural rock and flagstone coping, 1" glass mosaic waterline tile, SR Smith Vortex slide.