Little to no return pressure/No water in basket

May 26, 2015
Fitzgerald
I have a Sand Dollar Pool Filter. Today when I turned it on, there is no return pressure. There is no water rushing through the basket either. I have backwashed and rinsed twice. Any thoughts? Sorry if my terminology is wrong. I'm a first year pool owner. Had the pump serviced in December and sand replaced. Added a new Polaris then as well. Polaris is not working because there's no pressure. Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to TFP!

The first few things to check are the seal on the pump strainer basket lid, be sure the surfaces are clean and the seal is intact. Then check the pump drain plugs, make sure they are installed and seal properly. Next look at the water level and make sure it is at least half way up the skimmer opening and that no vortex is forming in the skimmer that might draw in air.

The pump strainer basket was clogged with debris. Just tiny stuff that had accumulated. Pump works fine now. Thank you so much! Of course now one of the hoses from the Polaris has come loose and I have to figure out how to tighten it. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.