Pentair Mastertemp 250 heat exchanger dissolved

Moejazzur

In The Industry
May 26, 2015
PA
It happens all the time. Due to poor water balancing in a commercial spa, the water ate the heat exchanger and is filling the combustion chamber. the customer said he heard loud rattling when he got to work and shut it off immediatley. When i got there the heater ran for about 20 mins and shut off at some point when i went outside to the truck to find the trouble code LED on the control board, AFS. I checked the blower (working) and went to take off the intake screen to check for blockages when suddenly the connection between the blower and combustion chamber started leaking water.

Most people with a history of poor water chemistry will just end up buying a new heater due to definite hassles down the road but this customer would like to replace the heat exchanger. I tore one of these heaters down a year ago and it took me about 2 hours. What is the quickest way to swap this out?

Welcome to TFP Moejazzur,

While there are a couple of technicians that sometimes post here, it may be a while before you hear from one. Largely, we are just residential pool owners. That said, we are glad to have you here, and I hope you will stick around and enjoy the forum. Lot's and lots of info here, especially if you like talking water chemistry. Enjoy your stay!

Thanks for the reply. I talked to Pentair (good luck reaching someone this time of year) and the rep. told me there is no easy way about it. I would get into detail but it's quite lengthy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.