Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intermatic T104 timers

1. Back To Top    #1

Intermatic T104 timers

Based on recommendations I've read on this forum, I'm looking to add an Intermatic T104 timer to my pool pump this summer. However, from the manufacturers website, it looks like there are numerous T104 models available:

T104
    T104R
    T104M
    T104P
    T104PCD82
    T104-50

Most local stores seem to carry the T104 and T104R so I'm trying to figure out which one I should be looking at.

Also, do most people here install these indoor or outdoors? If outdoors, do I need any other parts to protect it from the elements?

Thank you
    20,000 Gallons Inground Vinyl Pool, 1 skimmer, 1 floor drain, 4 return jets, 1 vacuum intake
    Hayward Vari-Flo XL sand filter (SM2506T), Hayward EZ Flow Pump (SP-3107X10), Emerson Pump Motor (EB228), Hayward Comfortzone NG Heater, Hayward Chlorinator (CL220)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intermatic T104 timers

If all you are going to put on the timer is your pump, then get the T104R.
    The 104R is rated for outdoor installation
    The T104 is not

If you get the 104R, then you dont need any additional protection. Just be sure to keep the door on it closed.

Pretty much everyone installs them wherever the pool equipment is. If its outside then do that.
    If your equipment is in an equipment shelter or basemement, then install it there.

hope this helps,
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you, Dave. My equipment is outside so I'll pickup the T104R. I may have some more questions once I review the installation manual.
    20,000 Gallons Inground Vinyl Pool, 1 skimmer, 1 floor drain, 4 return jets, 1 vacuum intake
    Hayward Vari-Flo XL sand filter (SM2506T), Hayward EZ Flow Pump (SP-3107X10), Emerson Pump Motor (EB228), Hayward Comfortzone NG Heater, Hayward Chlorinator (CL220)

4. Back To Top    #4

No worries....
    to connect the timer.

Your power wires coming from your breaker connects on 1 and 3
    the wires going to the pump connect on 2 and 4
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!