Need newbie help again...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Tell me what just happened, please!

Threads merged. Please keep related questions together. jblizzle

Into SLAM process...0900 FC 0.5, added bleach, 1215 FC 14.5, more bleach, 1400 FC 16, more bleach, 1530 FC 20 ! (my target was 18)...

After I got the 20 I vacuumed and backwashed. Now at 1700 my level has dropped to 13 again.

Why?

Re: Tell me what just happened, please!

No way to know why you overshot the FC level since you did not provide details on how much you were adding. Does not matter at this point.

FC is lost to 2 things; the sun and organics in the water.

Just dose back up to 18ppm and try to maintain it there.

Re: Tell me what just happened, please!

Ok... added a little less than called for at 1700 (it asked for 1.1 jugs and I added 1 jug)... new numbers at 1800 are FC 19 and CC 0.5. So I do nothing, now, correct... test again in another hour or so?

Last numbers at 1930 were FC 18 and CC 0.5. So, do I leave it overnight now? (can't really see to do much any later) And do I worry about overshooting it a little? Just keep in mind to go a little under the recommended amt? (PS thanks so much to everyone for their prompt help today!!!)

Ok... didn't get to do anything with the chemicals yesterday as I had to work 12hrs ... my fiance' did get in and vacuum though. This morning FC was 5 and CC was 0.5 (so this dropped from 18 about 36hrs before). Did the math and added the last 2 jugs of bleach I had (it wanted 3).

This evening FC is 8 and CC is 0.5. Pool looks clear. Going to do an OCLT... sound reasonable? (also we have a chlorine feeder still hooked up (think it's empty as we haven't checked it since I started this process).

A) should I leave the whole pump off tonight or just turn the feeder off?
B) should I remove the feeder entirely or leave it to use when we are going to be gone for a few days, etc...?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.