Kreepy staying afloat rather than down

pre

Jun 16, 2013
Bay Area, Calif
Would much appreciate some input. I've recently noticed my Kreep Krauly is remaining afloat and off-kilter rather than staying suctioned to the plaster. Usually it moves around alright, but today, it's slowed down quite a bit, as well as staying afloat...

I've taken some pictures and a short clip to show the condition of the Kreepy -- it's only ~2 years old. The pool is 25,000 gallons, DE filter with solar panels. Pressure seems fine, ~5-10 psi when bypassing roof panels, ~15 if going through panels. Attached to 3' hoses to the skimmer with a regulator valve with 3 weights as suggested by the manufacturer -- ~5 inches, ~5-6 feet, and ~10 feet.

I don't see anything cracked, and the flapper/hammer seems to be moving fine inside the body, nor debris caught in the body...

Youtube video/pictures

100_1080a.jpg

Any tips appreciated!

Check that your pressure regulator slide moves up and down freely and that the internal spring returns the slide to it's fully closed position. It's common to have leaves and stems jam the slide up, preventing the full suction of the pump from getting to the Kreepy. There's a few other things it could be but check the regulator first.

Check that your pressure regulator slide moves up and down freely and that the internal spring returns the slide to it's fully closed position. It's common to have leaves and stems jam the slide up, preventing the full suction of the pump from getting to the Kreepy. There's a few other things it could be but check the regulator first.
Thanks for the tip.

Fortunately the valve is clear and slides well.

ZkZzrQW.png

Played around with the hoses and none seem to be cracked or suctioning/pulling on air if I pull them out one by one with the pump running...

....another thing to check is that the swivel bearing where the hose attaches the the body is not binding. That can cause off kilter operation because the hose will be twisting the KK at various times as it's circulating around.

....another thing to check is that the swivel bearing where the hose attaches the the body is not binding. That can cause off kilter operation because the hose will be twisting the KK at various times as it's circulating around.

Thanks for the advice, I'm able to spin/turn the swivel cone, but it doesn't seem to have much lateral/sideways give -- here's a video, uncertain if this is normal operations?

Kreepy swivel cone and bearing

Here's one snapshot from the video

8GHMFAc.png

I think that's fine as long as it spins. Not sure what else to recommend. May want to play with your weights some more. I know I've had to move more weight closer to the KK than the manual suggests. Not sure what kind of online/phone support KK has.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.