columbia station / OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
I let someone vacuum my pool the other day, and they pulled it out without disconnecting it from the skimmer first. I noticed rather quickly because I heard a strange noise from the pump.:mad: I proceeded to re-start the system as if it was the first time for the year. The weird thing is now, if I open the pressure relief valve on the filter, no water or air spray from it. I backwashed the system thinking maybe the air that was sucked in did something to my grids. My pressure is back to normal, and my pool seems to be in good working order, but if I open the pressure relief valve, nothing happens. Should I be concerned?

I let someone vacuum my pool the other day, and they pulled it out without disconnecting it from the skimmer first. I noticed rather quickly because I heard a strange noise from the pump.:mad: I proceeded to re-start the system as if it was the first time for the year. The weird thing is now, if I open the pressure relief valve on the filter, no water or air spray from it. I backwashed the system thinking maybe the air that was sucked in did something to my grids. My pressure is back to normal, and my pool seems to be in good working order, but if I open the pressure relief valve, nothing happens. Should I be concerned?

I am no expert but this happened to me as well. Something clogged the tiny hole on the pressure relief valve and is stuck there.
You can try to open the valve with the pump off, and assuming the pressure-relief valve is being the highest point of your plumbing, will suck in air due to gravity. This may unclog the valve. If this does not work, you will need to take the valve apart and get the debris out that way.

Sounds like the air release valve must be clogged because with the pump running and water going through the filter (not on Waste or Recirculate right?) air/water must come out.

Try opening it with the pump off as see if air is sucked in ... might dislodge the blockage ... or try shooting a hose into it (with the pump off) ... or you may have to take the lid of to clean it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.