Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Added a return line, now low pressure

1. Back To Top    #1

Added a return line, now low pressure

Hi everyone. I originally had 1 return line, added a 2nd recently causing loss of water pressure at the original return line. Do you think a diverter valve would help balance the water pressure? I don't have a diverter value currently.

Similarily, between my skimmer and main drain. Skimmer is not pulling in much debris. Maybe I need to also add a diverter value- allowing more water through the skimmer.

Thank you for everyone's help!

Rob
    Brooklyn, NY
    Heated Salt Water
    Inground Pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Added a return line, now low pressure

Welcome to TFP!

Adding a three way valve to control the flow between the skimmer and main drain, and another one to balance the two returns, is a great idea.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, JasonLion. I will start with 2 diverter values. You don't think it's an issue with my pump right? I don't need a larger pump because of this additional return?
    Brooklyn, NY
    Heated Salt Water
    Inground Pool

4. Back To Top    #4

Your pump should be fine with the added return line.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School