Pool Cover Is Shot

HELP! My above ground pool cover has several small holes in it. This is most likely a result of the horrible winter we had in the Northeast. Lots of snow, ice, small branches, etc. I started to drain what I thought was the cover but discovered that I was actually draining the pool. There is about a ton of wet leaves on the cover. My question is how to remove the cover with out the disgusting leaf rot falling into the pool since I can not drain the cover. I am attempting to back fill the pool under the cover and simply float it off when the water reaches the height of the rail (I have secured the skimmer with an Aqua Door). Any other thoughts on this mess?

Keep one side attached where you will be pulling cover off pool. ( I have clips to help me keep my cover in place all winter). Drag cover along with the pillow towards where you will be dumping. I tie a rope thru several holes at the far end of the cover. (If you don't have a pillow you could slid a float under the cover with rope. This really helps in keeping the cover out of the water and the junk out of the pool.) Pull the cover, pillow & junk on the cover towards you SLOWLY. Keep the siphon going the entire time. Not a fast process. I gather the cover up at the far end and then pull the whole thing off keeping the cover clipped to the rail. Note: you will get wet and dirty. Old clothes and shoes.. The rope on the opposite end is the key to not letting any thing get out. I unclip one clip at a time on each side of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.