Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Say hello to my little Friend

1. Back To Top    #1

Say hello to my little Friend

Found this little water snake under the skimmer lid today.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432669064.444639.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432669076.959709.jpg

Sent from the deep end using Tapatalk.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20K gal, Fiberglass, 1.5 hp Century Pump, Sta-Rit System 3 Model PLM-100, 100 SQ Foot. Inline Frogger Chlorinater Mineral pack removed, adjusted the Chlorine pac to put in my own when on vacation. Liquid Pool Sanitizer,, BBB style.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Say hello to my little Friend

Been getting quite a few here as well, especially after all the rain. Opening the lid each day is always a treat.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

i'm never checking my basket again.
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Hard to see the markings, do we know what kind?

At our NC property I get quite a few rattle snakes and copperheads. Gotta take care of them.....
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

5. Back To Top    #5

We remove numerous snakes every year. Last year got lucky if you call it that to catch a baby copper head. At least he was in there long enough to drown. He had the green tail the adolescents have. They use it to wave in front of small creatures to lure them to thinking it is a worm or something. I put him in the deep freeze to show my daughter what a baby copperhead looks like. I don't mind snakes as long as they are not poisonous. I did see a type of skimmer attachment that sits on top of the skimmer and sets up a water vortex to suck any creatures down and has a handle to remove the basket without reaching into the basket. I think they were $30 each but don't remember the name.

6. Back To Top    #6

I had a 6 foot water moccasin shed its skin by the pool house kitchen sink then go for a swim about 3 weeks ago.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

7. Back To Top    #7

Fortunately, when I open the skimmer lid, my wildlife has been limited to a few harmless spiders and the occasional bug.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

8. Back To Top    #8

Say hello to my little Friend

My recent finds have been limited to spiders, beetles, and cicadas. With the hundreds of thousands of cicadas around right now I'm surprised there haven't been more in the skimmer.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

How nice of him to pay you a visit.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

10. Back To Top    #10

I'm so glad we don't get snakes over here
    12' x 24' IG approx 9.5k gallons
    4' 8" constant depth, vinyl liner, air to water heat pump, floating solar cover, 1 skimmer, 2 inlets, 1 underwater LED light, sand filtration system & now, finally, a TF100 test kit

11. Back To Top    #11

Looked like a Baby Fox Snake.... Harmless but still an eye opener at 7 ish in the morning.lol....

We get all kinds of animals around the pool. We are on the western side of lake erie with a canal from the lake about 40-50 foot from the pool.
    20K gal, Fiberglass, 1.5 hp Century Pump, Sta-Rit System 3 Model PLM-100, 100 SQ Foot. Inline Frogger Chlorinater Mineral pack removed, adjusted the Chlorine pac to put in my own when on vacation. Liquid Pool Sanitizer,, BBB style.

12. Back To Top    #12

Found a bird in my skimmer once. was pretty sad anything but the birds dangit. Don't know how he got in there. Maybe he was already dead and floating in my pool I have no idea. Wildlife is crazy.
    16x32 27k gal oval gunite pool, 24-inch Hayward sand filter, 1HP pump

13. Back To Top    #13

When I opened mine tonight, I found a bat. I hate to lose a bat as they eat so many mosquitos...
    5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

14. Back To Top    #14

I'd MUCH rather have the snakes than the spiders!
    20k IG vinyl liner/Aqua Rite SWCG, T-15 cell/Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter/Polaris 280 with booster pump/Hayward Superpump 1 hp/city water/pool installed March 2004

15. Back To Top    #15

I found a brown field spider, at least that's what I've heard them called, yesterday that had a body as big around as my pinky. Legs and all was about the size of a half dollar. He had already drowned. I had a bat fly down one evening last year and splat in to the middle of the pool. He flopped a couple time and was able to break free.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by n240sxguy View Post
    I found a brown field spider, at least that's what I've heard them called, yesterday that had a body as big around as my pinky. Legs and all was about the size of a half dollar. He had already drowned. I had a bat fly down one evening last year and splat in to the middle of the pool. He flopped a couple time and was able to break free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My back yard is A channel that leads to Lake Erie do that spider is lunch for what we have here. Never had a bar fly in. That had to be interesting. Lol

Yesterday I found a crawfish about 3 inches long or so. Momma may never swim again

Sent from the deep end using Tapatalk.