Hayward Navigator conversion to propulsion system?

May 25, 2015
Weston/FL
I have had a Hayward Navigator cleaner since we moved into this house about 6 years ago. It has done a respectable job at keeping our pool clean and I've only had to do some minor servicing of the unit over the years to keep it running. Just now I am in the process of the most major servicing I've had to do which is only running me about $35 in parts. I'd say I spend anywhere from $10-$30 per year in replacement parts in general, but this time it involved replacing some bearings and turbine assembly which are a bit more costly than the 'wings' & 'pads' that I normally replace.

I see all over the net that they are selling 'Propulsion Conversion Kits' to retrofit in place of existing systems. I'm not even sure what they mean by 'Propulsion Conversion' nor what are it's benefits if any. I am unable to locate any reviews explaining the differences so that I may even know if it's worth considering for future use. Personally, I see no point in fixing something that ain't broken, nor changing to a 'newfangled' system if the previous system was serving me reasonably well.

Does anyone know of this Propulsion Conversion system for the Hayward Navigator and if it's even worthwhile to consider?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.