Cleaning Cell

May 26, 2015
Mobile, AL
I have a Hayward T-CELL-15 Aquarite Cell 40K. This will be the first time to clean it. I've looked inside and it definitely needs it. I have purchased the stand and have read elsewhere that I can use white vinegar instead of muratic acid.

Question: Is 5% distilled strong enough?

Thanks!

Why would you use the vinegar instead of diluted muratic acid?

I read where white vinegar was less harsh. Left it sitting overnight and didn't notice much of a difference. Will probably do the muratic acid in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Vinegar will work, kind of, but it is way less effective than muriatic acid. Higher concentrations of vinegar are more effective, though even 5% will have some effect.

Thanks

100% muratic acid is to harsh, but a 50/50 mix of water and muratic acid for 15 to 30 minutes will do a great job and not damage your cell. I set my cell phone timer for 15 minutes and check. If I still see bubbling I give it another 15 minutes. After that I rinsed it out put it back and I'm good to go.

100% muratic acid is to harsh, but a 50/50 mix of water and muratic acid for 15 to 30 minutes will do a great job and not damage your cell. I set my cell phone timer for 15 minutes and check. If I still see bubbling I give it another 15 minutes. After that I rinsed it out put it back and I'm good to go.

Thanks! Picked up a gallon of muriatic acid today. 5% white vinegar did nothing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.