Fortuna, Ca.
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC1 (RC-35)
what about adding borax to a pool with no cya level, been thinking about it for a while. I have an indoor and we removed the cya that was added at the beginning to get the chemtrol to work. Recently can't seem to not get the PH up above 7.2 I have had the acid pump off since I brought the TA down like 2 months ago, but the orp wildly fluctuates.

Adding borates to an indoor pool without CYA is fine and has the same advantages as it would for an outdoor pool with CYA.

As for the rest, it would be easier to figure out what might be happening if you post a full set of water test results.

The heater needs a Thermistor probe, I'm waiting on at the moment.Be here next week.
so far I have
PH 7.2
TA 100
Chlor 1.2 ran up a little to stop pump till part gets here
ORP morning 450 evening 680
phospates .02 or less
reads 2400ppm at the cold temp.just overflowed pool will add when I start it up and get heater fixed reads different at 96 degree
calcium seems to always run low I'll have it tested today.
I will be doing some gassing off today too. I use a shop vac blowing out the wand tied to the ladder.

That is an unusually large ORP swing, especially if your CYA level is zero or near zero. Do you know if the ORP swings correspond to the pump run time? One rare issue I am familiar with tends to cause ORP to fall while the pump is running and climb when the pump is off.

idowatsu said:
This is the opposite it is low and builds after the swg is on again.

That sounds normal enough. The question then is why does the ORP fall that much while the pump is off? A very early building up to an algae bloom could be using up chlorine while the pump is off. You should do a FC loss while the pump isn't running test. Test the FC level when the pump goes off and again just before the pump comes on for the next cycle sometime when there isn't anyone swimming and preferably at night (unless the pool doesn't get *any* sunlight). With no one swimming and no pump/SWG running the FC level should remain steady. If the FC level falls you have something organic growing in the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.