Offset umbrella in shelf umbrella sleeves?

Rootyb

Feb 24, 2015
Davis, CA
So, our remodel is basically done (mostly), and now that we've got water back in the pool, we're taking advantage of our umbrella sleeves. The placement is a little off for getting the shade in just the right spot, but I was thinking today that an offset umbrella could provide a lot more versatility in shade positioning.

My only real concern would be damaging the shelf as a result of the offset umbrella's wonky center of gravity applying pressure to the sleeve walls rather than mostly just straight up and down. I know that offset umbrella bases are usually pretty robust, and I don't know if sleeves/concrete are tough enough to handle it.

I don't need shade enough to risk cracking my new concrete.

Hmm. Great question. I don't think it would be an issue. It's not like your installing a brass pole to swing around. Have you asked your pool installer? He's the one who'd have to fix it. Your talking about something like this?
9d3c3f4a-6f8c-45bc-a9d1-5aafe3263829_400.jpg

Hmm. Great question. I don't think it would be an issue. It's not like your installing a brass pole to swing around. Have you asked your pool installer? He's the one who'd have to fix it. Your talking about something like this?
9d3c3f4a-6f8c-45bc-a9d1-5aafe3263829_400.jpg

Yup! I'll bug my PB. When I'm done bugging him about everything else. :)

First, we need to figure out why our shiny new pump won't turn on! It's got power going to it, but the controller display... is just blank.

Ah well, not my problem. Emailed PB.

Part of our service is chemical balancing/etc. for the first month. It's only been filled since Sunday, and the chemical guy came out yesterday to start balancing it. I'm mostly just staying the heck out of their way (I am excited to get the pump running, though, so we can check out our Parascope bubbler. Also need to talk to our PB about getting the other two heads for the parascope, too...)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.