Help identifying old equipment, 1970's

dickeystorm

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 7, 2010
Lake Jackson, TX
Hi all,

I need some help identifying this old sand filter and the multiport valve. The label on the filter is obliterated and the tags on the multiport are difficult to read.

I'm trying to figure out how to open the filter for a deep clean (we are in the middle of a SLAM) without breaking anything.

I'm not as familiar with sand filter efficiency so I'm not sure how quick to expect it to filter the green goo. The pressure is running at 20 but doesn't seem to be climbing as expected. Also the green seems to taking longer to fade than anticipated.

Sand Filter.jpg
Multiport.jpg
Day 1.jpg
Day 2 1141am.jpg

Thanks for the help.

The filter may well need a deep clean and it can't hurt. The top should simply unscrew from the top of the filter body.

With that out of the way, the filter will not get rid of the green. That is a job for Free Chlorine, and until you get it high enough for long enough the green will remain, and or get worse. If you have a proper kit, follow SLAM procedure to the letter and it will clear.

I hear you there.

Let's keep any more chemical/treatment questions over in the other thread about erratic readings, and call this one done. The green pool pictures would be nice in that one BTW.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.