Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pump - can't find info on it

1. Back To Top    #1

New pump - can't find info on it

Our old pool decided to fall apart on us this year. We just had a new one installed today. I'm trying to be organized and keep all paperwork together and write model numbers and important info down.

I can't find anything on the pump. The installers didn't seem to leave any manual (I'm going to call the store and ask) so in the mean time I've taken the numbers off the side of the pump and have tried google. Nothing is coming up. Can anyone help me?

It's a Waterway. There is also a sticker that says Blue Star.

Model SD - 15 - 2N22MC
    Ohio, 27' x 52" AGP, New Install, Cartridge, 1.5HP Pump, K2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pump - can't find info on it

I couldn't find an exact match, but from what I can find, that number appears to correspond to a 2 speed 1.5 HP spa pump.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

So is there an issue with it being a "spa pump"? It says suitable for pool or spa on the stickers.

4. Back To Top    #4

The spa pump version doesn't have a strainer basket, but is otherwise the same as a pool pump. Does your have a strainer basket on the front of the pump?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes it does

6. Back To Top    #6

Well, that makes what I found a little suspect.

7. Back To Top    #7

Uh oh. I'm going to try to attach some pics.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_1776.jpgIMG_1778.jpg

8. Back To Top    #8

Call or email waterway. They changed the name of my pump from from mustang to svl56. They probably did the same thing to yours. They have one that is PH2150... I would guess that's the same one as yours. Hi-Flo II Side Discharge 48-Frame
    30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100