Hello from North Alabama!

May 26, 2015
Northeast,Alabama
First, I would like to thank everyone who contributes to this website. It has helped me tremendously over the past year. We closed on our first house with a pool last June. Didn't have a clue how to take care of a pool. Found the website researching pools. I hired the local pool store to come out to open the pool and show me how to run everything. During this time I'm still reading every pool slam story I can. Pool water looked like a swamp. Every Bull Frog in the area decided they had found a new home. I really still didn't have a clue what to do, so I headed off to the pool store with a sample. Left the pool store with a prescription of shock, algaecide, and 3 pucks in the skimmer and that was it. After a few days of nothing, and continued reading I knew the pool store wasn't for me. My wallet quickly learned that lesson as well. It took me 17 days from pulling the cover off to kids swimming. Once the slam was done, it seemed like the pool went into automatic mode. Added bleach every night and everything else stayed the same. This year was only 6 days. I guess I should have kept it open a little longer and opened sooner. I'm sure I will get smarter with experience. Nothing like last year though. I have been a lurker for almost a year and just wanted to thank everyone who made taking care of my pool so easy. After looking at my crystal clear water I can really see the difference when I see other pools.