Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from North Alabama!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from North Alabama!

First, I would like to thank everyone who contributes to this website. It has helped me tremendously over the past year. We closed on our first house with a pool last June. Didn't have a clue how to take care of a pool. Found the website researching pools. I hired the local pool store to come out to open the pool and show me how to run everything. During this time I'm still reading every pool slam story I can. Pool water looked like a swamp. Every Bull Frog in the area decided they had found a new home. I really still didn't have a clue what to do, so I headed off to the pool store with a sample. Left the pool store with a prescription of shock, algaecide, and 3 pucks in the skimmer and that was it. After a few days of nothing, and continued reading I knew the pool store wasn't for me. My wallet quickly learned that lesson as well. It took me 17 days from pulling the cover off to kids swimming. Once the slam was done, it seemed like the pool went into automatic mode. Added bleach every night and everything else stayed the same. This year was only 6 days. I guess I should have kept it open a little longer and opened sooner. I'm sure I will get smarter with experience. Nothing like last year though. I have been a lurker for almost a year and just wanted to thank everyone who made taking care of my pool so easy. After looking at my crystal clear water I can really see the difference when I see other pools.
    18x36 IG, Vinyl, 20K Gal., Sand Filter, 1HP pool pump, 3/4HP slide pump, Taylor k-2006.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from North Alabama!

Welcome to the Forum!

Thank you very much for the kind words about TFP.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

A lot of us are just like you Kevin. Learned the TFP way and can't imagine ever having tried to get advice from a pool store clerk. It's good to see another success story.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

I wasn't sure what to expect when I first started using the BBB method. Its the best thing I ever found. When the pool finished slamming it was crystal clear all year. Just put a little bleach in each night and its good to go.
    18x36 IG, Vinyl, 20K Gal., Sand Filter, 1HP pool pump, 3/4HP slide pump, Taylor k-2006.