Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Circulation???

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Circulation???

New pool owner for only 6 months now. Here is pic of my pool showing skimmer locations (2) and (4) returns with clockwise circular pattern. It seems to be doing good job with water just breaking the surface. Is this the correct way? Thanks

Rick T.
    12,000 gallon IG Kidney shape,gunite,white plaster w/25% blue quartz (Chlorine)
    Jandy LED Multi-color pool light, ,Pentair VS Pump,Pentair FNS 48 DE Filter,Polaris 280 Cleaner
    TF-100 test kit, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Speed Stir, BBB Method, PoolMath, TFPC

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Circulation???

Hi whataboy... To me the circulation seems fine. Do you have a main drain at the bottom as well? If I may ask, what is in the floater? Very nice pool, BTW.
    14,000 Gal IG Pool/500 Gal Attached Spa
    Pentair Whisperflow 1hp Single Speed Pump
    Sta-Rite Posi-Flo PTM-135 Cartridge Filter
    Hayward H400 Natural Gas Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Looks good to me. It doesn't have to break the surface if you don't want it to.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes I do have a main drain at deep end in the center. Ha the blue floaty thing has since been thrown away. For some reason the wife keeps throwing it in so I took it upon myself to toss it in the trash. Its not needed with BBB method..lol
    Rick T.
    12,000 gallon IG Kidney shape,gunite,white plaster w/25% blue quartz (Chlorine)
    Jandy LED Multi-color pool light, ,Pentair VS Pump,Pentair FNS 48 DE Filter,Polaris 280 Cleaner
    TF-100 test kit, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Speed Stir, BBB Method, PoolMath, TFPC

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by whataboy View Post
    Yes I do have a main drain at deep end in the center. Ha the blue floaty thing has since been thrown away. For some reason the wife keeps throwing it in so I took it upon myself to toss it in the trash. Its not needed with BBB method..lol
    Good answer! and Nice Pool!

Yes, that circulation pattern is fine. It really depends on prevailing winds and if the circulation is carry floating debris to the skimmers. If it isn't then try switching to counterclockwise.

No need for the returns to ripple the surface unless you are trying to raise PH or cool the pool.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach